How do I open an account?

In order to establish new service, we require a Driver’s License, Social Security Card (or Military ID), a lease agreement or proof of ownership and a completed Request for New Service and Confidentiality form. For businesses, a tax ID number is required. Service deposits must also be paid before the service can be turned on. The information needs to be brought to 401 N 3rd Street, emailed or faxed to 254‐298‐5263. We require 1 business day’s notice to turn services on.Please note, if water service is currently off, someone must be present for us to turn the water on. We scheduled a 2 hour window, either 8:00‐10:00, 10:00‐12:00, 1:00‐3:00 or 3:00‐5:00 depending on the billing cycle.

Show All Answers

1. How do I open an account?
2. How do I transfer my service from one address to another?
3. How do I terminate an account?
4. My service was turned off for Non-Payment. Why am I still receiving a bill?
5. How do I request an emergency turn-off?
6. I have questions about my Garbage service, who do I call?
7. Where are you located?
8. Can I view by bill online?
9. Do you offer paperless billing?
10. Where can I pay my bill?
11. Do you accept post-dated or temporary checks?
12. Can I have an extension on my bill?
13. Do you accept electronic payments?
14. How is my due date determined, and can I change my due date?
15. I had a leak and got it repaired. Can I receive a discount on my bill?
16. How can I determine if I have a leak?
17. What are some ways to conserve water?
18. How do I read my water meter?
19. If I fill up my swimming pool, is there a discount if I notify the City?
20. Why is my water bill so high?
21. Are there any programs available for senior citizens?
22. How is my wastewater (sewer rate) determined?
23. Does the City of Temple offer average or budget billing?